Hello! Welcome to my corner of the intarnetz. I appreciate you stopping by.
I’m Kat. I’m a Kiwi (though with a Scottish twang at times) who spent nearly 8 years living in Edinburgh with my delicious Police Constable Scotsman. I was a fundraiser by day, songwriter/performer by night. I also appeared in musical theatre productions whenever possible. In 2014 I played Fiona in Brigadoon, my most Scottish moment yet.
We moved back to New Zealand in December 2016. This blog kinda died at that time, though I may revive it soon.
When I write, I write a lot of rambly posts, mostly about feelings and my reclusive hermit life, #mildatheart. I take a lot of Instagram pictures (koruandthistle) and am also on Twitter where I’ve been blabbing for over 8 years now (funnily enough, also @koruandthistle).
I’ve been writing online since 2005 (well, 2000 if you count livejournal), sporadically, and my blog used to be hosted on Blogger and moved over to WordPress in June 2012. Some of the posts were deleted in the move, as they referenced aspects of the site design, or had videos that no longer exist. If you’re looking for something that’s disappeared, let me know.
Some posts to start you off with:
- I had Meningitis at 17. It has messed me up a little.
- I am 33 years old..
- …and don’t really care what people think of me.
- I want lots of babies.
- I fell in love with a Scotsman in 2008…
- …we had a successful long-distance relationship…
- …and in 2009 I moved to Scotland for love.
- Things have not always been easy…
- …and we have been really poor! but that’s okay…
- …’cause after 3 years, I grew to really kinda love it here.
- In 2013 I also crowd-financed my debut album, which came out in September!
- We bought a house and got engaged. Woo!
- And then in April 2015, I became Mrs Lawrie.
- We’ve lived in Scotland 7.75 years and left on 14th December 2016.
I’m also quite a traveller, though not a lot of that has been documented here lately. I hope 2018 will bring more to us. For now we’re just trucking on.
All of my other posts are about trying to improve my life, rambling “really deep thoughts” and random song playlists. I also review stuff when I can, so feel free to send anything my way here.…xxx Last updated 21-Jul-17